My Bassakward Group

My Bassakward Group

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Stormy Weather...

It took me over an hour and a half to get to work this morning because of the weather. Now people up north drive all day every day in snow. But you let it rain in Alabama, and the world comes to a screeching halt...literally. However, more important than how long it took me to get to work is the issue that the schools let out early because of bad weather. When I was in school, I clearly remember getting into the hallway with a book over my head to protect me from the potential of flying glass that lined those hallways - the windows. Now, the school system is so scared of being held liable for something, they put our children on the mobile disasters waiting to happen - buses - cheese wagons - whatever you want to call it - and send our children home in the weather. I don't understand it. Oh and by the way, did I mention that those storms never came today. Have a great one!

No comments: