My Bassakward Group

My Bassakward Group

Sunday, January 04, 2009

Menu Monday...

I am loving this cooking thing. The more I do it on a regular basis, the easier it gets..It is 11:43 pm and supper for Monday night is in the crock pot...so here goes

Monday - Golden Chicken with Noodles
2 cans cream of chick soup
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
one small bag of baby carrots
1 pack of boneless skinless chicken fingers (about 8 in a pack)
Mix first 4 ingredients together in crock pot
Add carrots and chicken
Cook on low of crock pot for 6 to 7 hours
Serve over egg noodles or rice

Tuesday - Whatever Casserole
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/3 cup sour cream
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1 bag (16 oz.) frozen vegetable combination, thawed
1 can (2.8 oz.) French fried onions (1 1/3 cups)
1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese

Stir soup, sour cream, black pepper, vegetables, 2/3 cup onions and 1/4 cup cheese in 2-qt. casserole. Cover casserole.

Bake at 350°F. 40 min. or until vegetables are tender. Stir vegetable mixture.

Top with remaining onions and cheese. Bake 5 min. or until cheese is melted.


Wednesday - Eat at Church - thank goodness for Whatever Wednesdays

Thursday - Chicken Pie - I have not figured out how to link back to a previous post, but the recipe is listed in a post called "Yummy Yummy to My Family's Tummy"

Friday - Hamburgers with Mac & Cheese

I really hope this is helping somebody....this has made my life so much simpler. Now I just about died when I got the total at WalMart...but I am not accustomed to buying two weeks worth of groceries at one time. I am used to going to WalMart EVERYDAY! I am sure if I added up every trip I made to WalMart it would be in excess of the $400 I spent on New Years Day! But thanks to my blogging buddy, Hillary, I am investing in a Sam's card! Happy Cooking!

Beck help me on that linking thing!

2 comments:

becky said...

click back on the actual post. go to the bar at the top and copy. since you have already posted this, go to "new post" then "edit posts" go to the post you just did. highlight the words you want to make the link. then click on the little icon that looks like a globe (link). paste the link to the previous post.

Tara said...

The golden chicken and noodles sounds yummy. I may try that next month.

Thanks for checking out my menu. I know Becky from Dothan. Her brother and my husband were good friends from church. She is a few years younger than me so I am really getting to know her better through facebook and blogging. By the time I moved to Dothan she was away at college.

Anyway, I usually do make my lasagna from scratch. If not I use jarred sauce and do the rest from scratch. I usually make up a bunch of spaghetti sauce with meat at one time and freeze it so I can use if for lasagna, or spaghetti at a later time. If you want to send me your email I'll send the recipe, or I may try to add it to yesterday's post.

Menu planning is so much fun to me (don't think I'm too weird) and gets easier the more you do it. You can check out www.moneysavingmom.com for lots of tips on menu planning and saving money. She has a wealth of info about this that has helped me a lot. Hope you are enjoying your week.