My Bassakward Group

My Bassakward Group

Thursday, January 29, 2009

God is AWESOME

First I want to give all the praise and glory to the most AWESOME GOD! I may open a few cans of worms with what I am about to write, but I have no choice but to share what happened yesterday. Stephen took Jamie to Children's for her MRI scans. It took about 3 hours to do the scans. Stephen was sitting in the lobby waiting on her. He said that the 700 Club was on TV. Now I am going to go ahead and tell you that I was not raised to watch tele evangelists nor to believe that people had any power to know anything other than what was in front of them. Now that this is out of the way, Stephen said he was reading and watching TV, when Pat Robertson began to close the show with his prayer. He was praying for the ones who had called in asking for prayer. He got to the end of the prayer and he stopped, and said, "Father, there is a young girl out there who is suffering with a cyst, but we have asked you to heal her and we know that you have...in your name, Amen." Now chill bumps ran up and down Stephen's spine as well as mine when he told me this.

Ok, now I am going to do like my good friend Beck says, "If you disagree, just humor me...it won't hurt."

This was just a remarkable thing to happen. Those of you who know me and my family well know how awesome this is. Now please do not misunderstand me that I think that Pat Robertson healed my child or some such craziness as that. But do understand that this is huge because Stephen said as they were praying, Stephen said to himself, "what about Jamie...why can't she be healed?" Then there is the end to this prayer. I just thought this was awesome among other things....

OK now for the clinical stuff... WE DO NOT HAVE CANCER!!!! Thank you Lord! We do have a "fluid filled cavity" in the spinal cord that is "so deep you should not be feeling anything...you are probably just having anxiety attacks." OK at this point I am about to take off this doctor's head. It was not a pretty site. Let me just say I was not a very good example to others but I did not curse!!!! Jamie stated that she did not feel like he was listening to her and that she was wasting his time. Well oh no this did not fly - AT ALL! We got our stuff, gave them their "report card" they mistakenly asked me to fill out and got the MRI scans on CDs. We are seeking a second opinion for the "fluid filled cavity". We are not getting a second opinion for the no cancer dx, but for the pain and how it is related to the "fluid filled cavity." Furthermore, there has to be something that is causing her pain. Above all, I want her to feel comfortable going to the doctor. There will be a day when I will not be able to go with her and she needs to be able to have the confidence to question and know her body.

So to sum it up, we are CANCER FREE, still hurting but very hopeful! I want all of you to know that I can never express to you how much it means that I have so many people praying for my daughter and my entire family...All of you rock!!!!

4 comments:

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

Praise God!! Great news!!

Ivy said...

What wonderful news!!!!!

Darby said...

Praise the Lord... he answered our prayers!!

Dana said...

Yea! Great news!