My Bassakward Group

My Bassakward Group

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Leaders and Relationships

I am 33 years old and I got more out of a youth devo than I think the youth did. We were supposed to go camping last night - yes in the frigid cold - but luckily the Lord shown his wisdom down on our youth minister and instead we had a pizza party / devo with another church...anyway...here is the text...Numbers 13:30 "Then Caleb silenced the people before Moses and said, "We should go up and take possession of the land, for we can certainly do it." Now here were the points, unity, urgency and unwaivering faith. The speaker's points were as follows: 1. Caleb said, "We should go" - this is the unity 2. take possession - this is the urgency 3. we can certainly do it - this is the unwaivering faith. I have never really studied the Old Testament, but I think this may be my new project. Also, he talked about Enoch who said these words, "Enoch walked with God, then he was no more, because God took him away."

Now, these are two people who I have not really studied about. From what I can find so far, Enoch is only referred to in the Bible 3 times - I could be wrong but this is what I have found so far. As far as Caleb is concerned, I have found that he was mentioned four times. (Again, this is a work in progress.) Anyway, regardless it seems that they were not mentioned very often, but yet they were powerful leaders. Caleb believed with all of his being that they could defeat the Canaanites. Enoch simply but powerfully "walked with God".

My prayer for this next week is that I can have the leadership of Caleb and the relationship of Enoch! Have a great week....

1 comment:

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

What an awesome prayer. I've always wanted to study/ know more about Enoch, too. Isn't that a cool story?
And Jason and I teach youth and have often said that we get more out of the "Teenager version" of church. :-)