My Bassakward Group

My Bassakward Group

Monday, December 29, 2008

menu monday - 1st edition

ok, after posting the menu blog i realized it was pretty long...so i am trying to shorten it...
just for the record, i have cooked two nights - now this may not sound like alot, but i follow the time line...i got my cookbook on christmas...cooked my first meal friday night after working all day...left for south alabama on saturday...got back sunday...and cooked tonight after working all day....so i have kept to my resolution...i made impossible taco pie which by the way rocks!!!!

the next menus may seem a repeat of what i posted originally, but i have rearranged the meals...so here goes

Monday - taco pie
Tuesday - corn dogs and fries
Wednesday - meat loaf and yellow rice casserole
Thursday - ranch pork chops, black eyed peans and greens (New Year's Day)
Friday - take out - it is payday

Recipes
taco pie - scramble hamburger meat with taco seasoning, put in square pyrex greased, mix 3/4 cup bisquick, 3 eggs and 1 1/4 cup milk together and pour over the meat - bake at 400 for 25 min, take out and put your regular taco toppings on it - delicious

yellow rice casserole - 1 box zatarins yellow rice, cooked, 1 can mexicorn and 1 cup cheese, mix cooked rice and corn together, dump in casserole dish, put cheese on top and bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted

ranch pork chops - 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
4 boneless pork chops, 3/4-inch thick
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/2 soup can milk
1 pkg. ranch salad dressing mix

Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook until it's well browned on both sides. Stir the soup, milk and 1/2 package salad dressing mix in the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the pork is cooked through.

sounds yummy to me....

i am hoping that some of my "stalkers" may leave me comments now that i am on this food kick!!!!!

2 comments:

becky said...

i add a can of cream of (i use chicken, but i think it calls for cream of shroom which i just don't do unless necessary) in my yellow rice casserole. makes it a little creamier. give it a try.

do you know i love that stuff and micah doesn't really care for it?? what is up with that? proud of you for cooking. you may figure out why i'm about to buy my 3rd set of pots/pans since getting married. it's all the cooking. (and the non-quality pots/pans that have been bought for me before.)

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

I am so glad to finally find your blog! I had to ask Becky and she put it up on her blog for me. :-) So nice to meet you and thanks for reading mine! I can't wait to read yours! The recipes look delicious. Thanks for taking the time to write them all down.
Oh, and we got new pots and pans this year for Christmas because our other ones looked like the "after" or "do NOT use" portion of an informercial. And they're our 3rd set, too (like Becky's). I love to cook! We'll have to share recipes sometime. I hope to put up a recipe section on my blog with a permanent link, etc- once I figure out how to do that!
Great to meet you and we'll keep in touch!
Hillary