My Bassakward Group

My Bassakward Group

Sunday, April 10, 2011

so what have I been doing...

Well, funny you should ask. I don't really know why I bother writing these blogs, because only a very few take the time to read them much less make a comment. But I am going to use a bullet style format to keep myself from being wordy.

*well I went back to work for a very short period of time - 7 weeks of which I was in the hospital for 3, which makes a total of 4...that is pushing it

*continue to have enormous GI issues

* have decided that although I am not a stay at home mom kind of person that is what God has demanded, comanded and insisted that I be right now

*been to the doctor more times than I can count

*decided that "we tend to identify ourselves and each other primarily by what we look like....or what we do"...ok this would be me...

*"Is who you are determined by what you do, or is what we determined by who you are?"

* "that good appearance plus the admiration of others equal a whole person or that we feel that star performance plus accomplishments equal a whole person"

* "I am already a whole person and possess a life of infinite meaning and purpose because I am a child of God"

* "Being a child of God who is alive and free in Christ shoudl determine what we do"

Let me insert here that I am reading a book called, " Victory Over The Darkness".

* I have decided to be a stay at home mom and MAKE IT WORK."

* I have discovered an awesome website called....www.onceamonthmom.com

*It gives recipes, printable recipes and printable grocery lists...it also gives you the quantities to make for a whole month so that you can have it twice!

*I have decided to break my house into sections to clean...that is another post

* I have decided to do something one day a week for myself...that does not include getting a mani or pedi each week...I am a helping person...so I am going to volunteer once a week at an area hospice company and if I so feel like it visit with a friend who is a shut in, fellow stay at home mom or just a friend who I miss...

*I have decided to continue my walking routine...I had gotten up to a mile a day...I have only been doing this since Feb 15....

*and anything else that might cross my simple little mind....

What are you doing this week? I will need some new ideas....

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I'm still here and reading! Sorry to hear you've been back in the hospital. Will be thinking of you as you work into a new routine as a SAHM.