My Bassakward Group

My Bassakward Group

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

reflections...

Yes it is 4am and I am writing another post. God has laid something on my heart that is overwhelming. The lessons he is teaching me right now are so clear to me. I have never been one to say, "Oh Jesus spoke to me and told me to do....." Well Jesus did not audibly speak to me but He sure showed me where I needed to go study my Bible.

After yesterday's post, I really began reflecting on what I had written. Never in my life have I ever been so honest and raw for the whole world to see. But then I began to think, how many blogs I have "stumbled"upon that I read everyday for inspiration. I can only pray that someone does the same for my blog.

As I was studying my Bible last night, I came across a verse in Hebews 4: 14 - 16 that says, "Therefores, since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as are - yet he was without sin. Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us our time of need."

Yes this verse say "to help us in our time of need", but isn't every second of the day a time of need for us. This world is so cruel, mean, corrupt, etc. I have been the queen of praying when I needed something. My goal now is to be the Christian who leans on my Lord ALL the time not just in those "times of need."

I hope many of you don't think I have gone off the deep end, and maybe you do. I have been a Christian for the better part of 20 years. My faith has waivered just like yours has too. But my faith is renewed, and I just want to share it. Someone may be able to relate what I am going through.

Peace and blessings....

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh, Ginny! I knew you had some health problems, but didn't know all the details. I have a sensitive stomach, and it can really be a problem sometimes, so I can sympathize a little, but it's nothing compared to what you are going through. You and your family, the doctors, and nurses will all be in my prayers as you have your surgeries. I pray for a smooth recovery, and most importantly, RELIEF for you! Thank you for sharing your heart...it was a blessing to me. Please keep us posted on how you're doing!

debbielee93 said...

Ginny, I am so glad that through this you are growing more in the Lord. That has been my prayer that he use this to make you who he wants you to be. I know first hand, I thought I had a pretty good walk, not as deep as I wanted it to be, and I sure did not envision where I am at now with the Lord!! Referring to "going through a Valley" I wrote in my journal tonight, "When you become planted in the valley, and let your trials become the fertilizer, Then God can grow you into something beautiful, something that he can use." Honey, that is were we both are at, for me even before I began the descent into the Valley, God was already teaching me, more about his ways, and my motherly calling. preparing me for what was to come.