My Bassakward Group

My Bassakward Group

Thursday, November 18, 2010

a sad day

my precious grandmother died monday at the age of 88 after a very courageous battle with congestive heart failure, a heart attack and kidney failure...it has been a rough week...i found out monday 15 minutes before i was to have surgery that she had died...i have spent the last week in the hospital and was not able to be with the family as they gathered around her bed to say their last goodbyes...i was discharged from the hospital just in time to make it for the viewing last night...it was tough...just as always you see family that you have not seen in several years...it is just a shame that it is at sad events such as these is the only time that we see family...it was definately a celebration of her life...so many memories...the holidays are going to be hard but we will get through them...when i am up to it i will share some of the great memories....

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Prayers for you in this trying time!

Dana said...

I think the same thing every time I go to funeral. "It's a shame that we wait to see each other like this".. I guess life just gets in the way. It's going to be hard holiday season for so many that I know this year because there are going to be many empty seats at the table. As scrooge as it sounds, my goal this year is just to make it through it. I'll be thinking about you Ginny. So sorry for your loss.