My Bassakward Group

My Bassakward Group

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

insurance nightmares

I have never in my life been more frustrated as I am right now. Let me preface this post with the fact that my husband works for Blue Cross and they are giving me a headache. As many of you know, my health has deteriorated over the past several months. I resigned from my job in March; therefore, I dropped my insurance with them. I had been covered through my insurance and my husband's insurance. When I dropped my insurance, his policy was my primary. BlueCross sent him a form to fill out and fax back in to make his policy primary. So he did. Well I start getting all these bills - one in the amount of $25k. We begin investigating and find out there was a "data entry error". The employee at Blue Cross put that it was primary as of 7-01-10 instead of 4-01-10. So my husband gets with HR and they correct the situation. I get on the phone with all these creditors asking them to refile their claims because there had been an error on Blue Cross' part. They did. Well today, I get numerous phone calls that Blue Cross has rejected their refile. I am now being told that we did not complete the forms in a "timely manner" so we are responsible for any medical bills from April 1 to July 1. Please tell me how I am supposed to pay approximately $35,000 worth of medical bills. Did I mention that I am not working? I don't know what to do. I have cried. I have gotten ugly with people on the phone. My husband is still working on it with HR, but I know what the end result will be - I am responsible for the payments. What do I do? Any suggestions would be nice!

1 comment:

Karen Hossink said...

*Argh!* I loathe insurance red tape!

Yesterday I interviewed one of the residents at Edgewood for this "Resident of the Week" thing I'm doing. I asked him, "What is the greatest lesson you've ever learned?"
He told me that for the past couple weeks his hearing has been getting worse, and he was honestly concerned that it was going - for good. But Tuesday he went to the audiologist and discovered there was a bunch of wax build-up in his ear. The doc cleared it out, and all is well now.
And the lesson that story illustrates? Don't bother worrying about things. It probably won't be as bad as you think.

So, there you go. Words of wisdom from a charming 95-year-old man.

Love you!