My Bassakward Group

My Bassakward Group

Sunday, November 08, 2009

heavens to betsie and every other momma in the world...

mommas unite...is our work ever done? i promise i don't think it is...i get so discouraged when i go over to some of my daughter's friends houses and their house is "show perfect"...it drives me insane...we work in our house everyday but i swear that if an emergency happened and people showed up at my house unexpectedly...i would die and we would have another emergency....how do these women do it...i have washed no less than 7 loads of clothes...folded and put them up....and there is 70 more to do....i ask my daughter to sweep our kitchen and she sweeps half of it...WHAT...i pointed the other part to her and she looked at me like i was crazy...she did go and sweep it up...oh did i mention the medicine bottle she knocked around the floor and still did not pick it up...she usually does a real good job cleaning up...i guess tonight she was just off her game...oh and my son.... if i could figure out a way to burn his room without burning the rest of the house down i would...i am not kidding...it seriously needs Clean House's help...with Niece Nash...she would say it was nothing but foolishness...would it be wrong of me to send him off with his grandfather and go in his room and throw everything away...only leave his bed and dresser...i am SICK of it...those of you who knew me as a child...DO NOT say anything about my room...it was spotless compared to his...i would take a picture of it and put it up here but i am afraid that someone would call DHR and i am so embarrassed to admit something like this is in my house...i am convinced there are things growing in the carpet in his room... seriously...if anyone has any suggestions PLEASE help a sister out....i am about to scream...oh and as my friend beck says, "males should have never been allowed to come inside"...i'm just saying....

2 comments:

Becky said...

well, all i can tell you is to start taking stuff away. even if it's to take a door off the hinges. privacy is a priviledge. no more visits to boyfriend's house. no night time popcorn snack until certain chores are done. if they don't do anything during the week, well, i guess that's how "they choose" to spend their weekend...getthing things done.
i don't have any words of wisdom. i mean, did you see the boy pit at my house and they are just 4 & 6?

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

So funny! I know that feeling of not wanting anyone to come over. I think Fly Lady calls it CHAOS- Can't Have Anybody Over Syndrome. We had dinner guests last night and Jason walked in the house and jokingly looked around as if he'd never seen this place before.
It only took me 3 hours to clean 3 rooms if that tells you anything...