My Bassakward Group

My Bassakward Group

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Let's play catch up....

yes i am still alive but have been busier than a one armed paper hanger...if you know what i mean...life has been super busy...regular stuff plus unexpected stuff such as working out of town for two days last week, having to give up caffeine cold turkey - that will be discussed in a moment - having a cardiac pet scan that i thought was going to kill me...oh my goodness...fuel pump went out on the "new car" and multiple other things...but oh well...i never said my life was peaceful...

now for the caffeine story---

i was asked to go work at the boaz building on wednesday and thursday of last week...no problem...i could go and see my granny while i was up that way...i get about 10 miles from the building and get a phone call that informs me that state has just walked in their building...now mind you that their social worker has QUIT...i have never been in this building before and know not a soul...ok so me and Lord have a prayer session and onward i go...so wednesday goes pretty good...i got done at a decent time and went by my granny's and had supper with her and my aunt and uncle... but thursday was a different story...

due to the fact that i had to have the afore mentioned cardiac pet scan..i could not have ANY caffeine for 24 hours prior to the test...yes you heard it 24 hours prior to the test...so to start with i have to deal with the state with no caffeine...i drive home a nervous wreck and then have to prepare for the vampires to dig for a vein on friday morning for the test...

friday morning comes and i am seriously considering ditching the test because i really needed some caffeine..but no being the good girl that i am i toughed it out and went for the test...praise the Lord the vampire got the vein on the first try...we start the test and everything is fine until they give me the medicine to "stress" my heart...oh my heavens...can i tell you how bad that hurts...i seriously thought i was gone to see the Lord...i made it through the test and was headed straight for Starbucks...well i had a change of plans...i decided to go to mcdonalds and get a burrito and a cup of coffee...and the nice little girl at the speaker asks if i would like cream and sweetner in my coffee...i said sure...that goodness she could not see that i was white knuckling the steering wheel and shaking like a dead leaf...i was seriously in withdrawals...

i get to the window, get my food, coffee and diet coke...open the coffee thingy to let it cool off and proceed to eat my breakfast and drink my diet coke...i am finished at this point and am looking forward to my first drink of coffee in over 24 hours...i take one big drink and it is BLACK as sut...it was awful...i am so mad...i am shaking like someone in dt's from crack...i am furious...i am shaking uncontrollably....yall i get off at the next exit and went to the mcdonalds...walk in with my coffee in hand - shaking - i am trying to calmly explain that i need some creamer and sweetner...the poor little spanish girls behind the counter were speaking a language i could not understand...i know they were talking about the crazed white fat chick with a cup of coffee...but all i wanted out of them was creamer and equal...they were very nice to give it to me...no one got hurt...i guess i am not really a caffeine whore but maybe a caffeine tease...if i was a whore i would have drank it black....once i got the coffee fixed and took that first drink - again...life was good...everything was beautiful again...don't mess with a woman and her coffee...

1 comment:

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

Oh my goodness! Get out of your way, sister! I'm so glad you got your caffeine and everything went well after that. It always smoothes over the rough patches, right?
And I love the expression- busier than a one armed paper hanger. I need to use that one more often!