My Bassakward Group

My Bassakward Group

Sunday, March 01, 2009

Let It Snow...a bad memory....

i am one of those alabamians who actually hates snow...the blizzard of 93 forever scarred me...i was a senior in high school and my sister had been in a terrible car accident in january...severely broken her arm and could basically do nothing...it was awful...my dad was out of pocket and i was trapped in the house with my mother and my sister...we were out of power and the gas ran out...the only lifeline to the outside world was the telephone and it was questionable...we ate bologna sandwiches and froze to death...hence the reason i don't like bologna sandwiches now and i refuse to be cold....now this is the reader's digest condensed version...there is much more to this story but it is not leisurely reading...anyway so to say the least...if i never saw snow again it would be too soon....

however, this morning was quite beautiful but i was glad to see it go away...enjoy the pics of the snow in the country.....

Jacob on the back porch


Jamie in the front yard





1 comment:

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

Jamie looks like she picked up on your love of snow!
Isn't it funny how we remember snow storms? I can tell you all about the storm of 93, too! Mine wasn't nearly as bad as your story, though! Glad you "survived" our snow today!