My Bassakward Group

My Bassakward Group

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

kid stories...

there is really not a whole lot of point to this blog other than craziness in my house

story #1
i was told today at work that i had to do care plans for deceased residents...how do i implement this when they have gone to the big house? i guess i am in the celestial care planning business!

story #2
i called home yesterday and asked jamie, my sweet air headed 16 year old, to please scramble the hamburger meat, drain it and leave it in the sink. i told her when i got home i would finish supper when i got home. as i pulled into the yard, she comes out on the porch and says...i could not cook the hamburger meat...why...because the meat skillet was dirty. this is actually the conversation. she acts like we have only one skillet in the house...she says are you mad...i say no just confused...i say did it ever cross your mind that you could have washed it. you could tell by the look on her face that the thought never did cross her mind. this is the same child who is to graduate next year and thinks i am going to let her go off to college by herself.

story #3
jacob had a major meltdown at walmart sunday night...WHY?...because jamie got something and he did not...would you like to know what she got? a BRA! my only response was, "would you like some underwear?" that is all i am going to say...only if you have kids - plural - will you understand.

that is all for now - i am sure there will be more to come.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL, I haven't quite gotten the bra stage yet but I can guarantee that I would have said the exact same thing.. Or, maybe I would have offered him a bra :). After doing youth ministry for 10 years, the teenage years definitely scare me!

Blessings

becky said...

story #1...only in health care.

story #2...i am scared for her. please tell me there is a junior college around there.

story #3...i'd have taken him back there to let him pick out his own bra.