My Bassakward Group

My Bassakward Group

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Firsts

Wow! Easter was great, but oh so stressful!!!! This is our first Easter without Paw Paw! It was so weird. Stephen preached Sunday, I sang at church - I know that is strange. This was the first time we had been back to the church since the funeral. I think it finally hit little Jacob that Paw is gone. He just cried and cried - for hours. I took him to the cemetary so he could talk to Paw. The things he said were so sweet and innocent but so sad. He said, "I don't mean to talk bad about God, but it is not fair that he took PawPaw so soon." Then he asked me, "How do you keep loving someone who is not here anymore?" Okay I am a social worker, but it is so different when it is your child, all you can do is cry. Or at least that was all I could do! There are a few things that I think children should never have to hear - death, cancer, DHR - this is to name a few. He seems to be doing better today, but it is from day to day. Everybody is doing better - but good grief it is so hard! Write more later - love to all.

No comments: