My Bassakward Group

My Bassakward Group

Sunday, January 24, 2010

thankfulness

i was talking to one of my bff's the other day and she said, "you know i don't mean any disrespect but i think God gets a little over confident in what he thinks we can handle." well i am beginning to agree with her. i am certainly not going to go into a gripe / complaining session because i know that i am so very blessed / lucky and all that. i look at those pics on , breaks my heart. but here lately, i am being overloaded with work stuff, family stuff, personal stuff, spiritual stuff...i mean i need a u haul to haul all this stuff around.

however, among all these issues i am having, i am very thankful for some special stuff....

1. am thankful that i now have a lady that comes once a week and cleans my house - thank you ms. ella

2. that my son, jacob, is still such a loving child at 10 years old - i quit counting at 20 - the number of times he told me he loved me

3. that my son still sees his momma as the most beautiful woman in the world - he told me i was prettier than carrie underwood

4. that although my daughter, jamie, is still sick, she is getting better

5. for my wonderful friends

6. my hubs - he is the best

7. that i have wonderful church members - they are far kinder to me than i deserve - two showed up at the er thursday night....

8. that i am saved by my Lord and that he loves me unconditionally

9. that failure is never final unless it is the last time i try

10. although some of my friends are facing very hard times - lost jobs, children, family members - that with the love of God and his comfort they are getting better

11. i am alive and have a warm place to lay my head tonight

12. although there is not all of my favorite foods in the kitchen - i am not hungry - and if you have looked at me lately you will know that i could stand to miss a few meals....

13...what are you thankful for....

4 comments:

Ivy said...

How awesome that even though you are dealing with struggles, you decide to focus on what you are thankful for. Very refreshing!!

Trixie said...

I understand and agree with you and your friend on the feeling that sometimes He puts WAY too much on our plates! Sometimes, I'm just like..give me a break, man! I am thankfull for my ability to believe deeply in God and my faith against all of the odds that may stand in my way.

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

What a great post! So true! I'm thankful for a healthy family right now- especially this time of year!

Dana said...

You have such a great heart.. And I am so with you on having someone to clean the house.. If I decide to go back to work, my number one reason is going to be so that I can justify paying someone to clean my house.. I am like definition of the opposite of a housewife... Like an oxymoron in itself..

And hurray hurray for a 10 year old boy who isn't rolling his eyes at you! I pray that he always stays such a sweet guy and maybe me meets my daughter in several years :)