My Bassakward Group

My Bassakward Group

Friday, June 05, 2009

i am not as dumb as i look....

many of you know that my one thing in life that frustrates me more than anything else is my HOUSE!!! Lord knows i try to work, raise kids, raise my husband, go to church and be the superwoman that i want to be...but my house is usually the last on the list - i let it slide because i tell myself that nobody ever comes to my house because i live so far out in the woods....anyway, my daughter finished her junior year and she has never had to work any type of job or anything...momma and daddy have always given her what she wanted...well i told her she could either get a job at a fast food resturant or be my maid...to my surprise she chose to be my maid...now i am blessed in the fact that jamie is very good at cleaning...she is quick and thorough...so instead of worrying myself to death over the house...she is my maid and she gets paid...now we are not talking about washing the dishes...we are talking deep cleaning...this first week has been awesome...i will post pictures as soon as i can...with me being sick over the past couple of weeks, this has allowed me to heal much quicker...hope everyone has a great weekend....

4 comments:

No Longer Newlyweds. said...

Hey.
Thanks for responding so quickly....I read your blog too! Thanks for the insight. I agree that it's all in how you raise your kids and I NEVER thought about things this way until this morning at church. I was horrified and thinking that I was doomed to raise a hoochie-mama because I don't find these things "wrong". Thanks for making me feel normal.

Sara

Frugal Coupon Living said...

Nice to meet you :) Glad you are reading!

Dana said...

Oh goodness please do tell me your secrets. How in the world can I train a child to become a teenager that can clean well. We did youth ministry for ten years and I've never heard of that before! Can I be your mommy apprentice?

Unknown said...

I can't wait for that stage. Right now, I cringe when they tackle a job I give them because they aren't thorough yet. (and I'm a little OCD)
Now, you can be a true Proverbs 31 woman because you have a maidservant ;)