My Bassakward Group

My Bassakward Group

Friday, June 26, 2009

here is the scoop...

first of all i want to thank everyone for all the prayers that were sent up for me during this long illness...i truly felt the prayers everyday...my favorite part is that my dear friend miranda sent out emails to our high school classmates asking for prayer and to give them an update on my condition...it was very hard for me to ask people for help....i don't like to ask for anything....you do not realize how much you can't do for yourself until you are faced with it...so here is the scoop...after three hospitalizations since may 19, deciding to quit breathing and having my pj's cut off of me in front of my mother, and being told i had a broken rib, i underwent an ercp which revealed the problem...my pancreatic duct was 1/4 the size it should have been so the doc put a stint in place and my duodenum was 95% blocked...both of these were full of gallstones...the doc said that when he drained both of these it looked like what comes out of a car after you change the oil...YUCK..he said that no food could go down or come up hence the reason i was in so much pain...basically the food had been sitting there for over a month...doc said, "it was gross"...i am doing better...have gone back to work...am learning to take care of me rather than pleasing everyone else...for example, this was my first week back at work and on friday morning i woke up sick, we will not go into the details, i did not go to work...no second thoughts, no going in late, no feeling guilty, i did not go to work...i rested all day...still not feeling great...but i am alive....we are now looking at lap band surgery...i was told my dear doctor who i trust with my life...told me that i would be dead within five years of cirrhosis if i did not have lap band surgery to reverse the fatty liver...so here is the deal...i did not have fatty liver in september...but we have linked the fatty liver to the new insulin that i started in september...it is a LONG story....but anyway, i will have a liver biopsy when i have the lapband surgery....but most importantly...THANK YOU for all the prayers, cards, visits, food and everything else....love to you all.....

No comments: