My Bassakward Group

My Bassakward Group

Sunday, May 31, 2009

boys were born on mars.....

ok gang, if i could have burned my son's room down without burning the rest of the house i would have...it was so bad that i am utterly ashamed to even have a before and after picture...what got me inspired was a blog that i found, i think on becky's blog, about a tour of children's rooms and nurseries...so we jumped into cleaning up his room for the millionth time....actually my great and wonderful husband headed up this adventure...anyway, when it was done jacob came to me and said, "i am never messing my room up again...daddy has broke me"...ok that was funny...but that is not the best part....my children have chores for the summer...one of jacob's chores this summer is to make his bed everyday...now i am not a stickler for stuff but i am trying to show jacob that it is alot of hard work to keep a space clean...so anyway, i went into his room and helped him make up his bed so that he would know what i expected when i came home from work everyday...so the bed is made...it is so pretty and he wants to put his spiderman blanket at the end of this bed...ok...innocent enough huh...well i get up this morning to check on him..and what did i find????? jacob is asleep under spiderman and on top of his made bed from last night....i am telling you that the male species is weird...but we love them anyway.....

1 comment:

GIRL RAISED IN THE SOUTH said...

Erin does the same. It is so hard for her to reach the other side of her bed. She'll sleep on her covers before anything. It is so wonderful to see them work on their own rooms for a change! I hope it continues to go well.