My Bassakward Group

My Bassakward Group

Sunday, May 03, 2009

where oh where have i been?

let's see...it seems like i have been around the world in not 80 days but maybe 14...it has been a whirlwind...i am still working in boaz two days a week...in pell city three days a week...oh i'm sorry make that the other 5 days of the week - yes that includes weekends...i am tired and oh so weary...ok enough of that...

it has been busy...stephen has had viral pink eye...my aunt had brain surgery again...kids have been sick with everyday crud....jamie went to a friend's house and had a run in with a scooter and an incline...guess who won...i am tired or rain and thunder...oh and did i mention that some days we have power and some days we don't...

but the best part of the past two weeks? i should put this on a blog of its own, but my team at golden living raised over $800 for relay for life...it was GREAT...and i got to have dinner with some of my closest friends from high school last night at top of the river...some of them i had not seen in 15 years...it was great...

i guess i should quit fussing and whining because i am alive, my child is cancer free and i have a job....

blogging is therapeutic...

1 comment:

GIRL RAISED IN THE SOUTH said...

I highly recommend reading Remember by Karen Kingsbury. It is the second novel in the Redemption Series, but it is not necessary to read the first novel to get the story of Ashley Baxter, who works at the retirement home Sunset Hills. You might be able to indentify with her issues. I think you would like it...it is a very fast read!