My Bassakward Group

My Bassakward Group

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Revelations Conversations with a Teenager....

You have not lived until you have tried to explain the book of Revelations to a teenager. Now it is hard enough to understand the book of Revelations as an adult. Stephen and I have just lived through 20 questions, and that is being conservative, of what that book means. I also have often thought that teenagers don't think about anything but clothes, friends, music, food and sleep. Well let me tell you more goes through those heads than I ever thought. Jamie has asked some questions that me and Stephen just looked at each other like...how are we supposed to answer that.

After this conversation, I realized that I have done miserable job as a parent because I am not able to inteligently answer the questions that she puts before me. I know that may sound strange, but it has just been a real eye opener.

Please pray for us as we as a family are trying to make a very concerted effort to live the life that God expects of us and that will make Him proud to call us His children. Hope everyone has a great week!

1 comment:

becky said...

well, if you ask me, you aren't supposed to have all the answers. it gives you "street credit" as a parent. kids need to see that we don't know it all and they need to see us mess up, etc. that is how they know we don't expect perfection!