My Bassakward Group

My Bassakward Group

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Why am I up at 2 AM?

I have worked all day, but yet I can't go to sleep. It does not help that Jimmy Earl is riding up and down our rode without mufflers on his truck. You know you work hard to get somewhere in life and to live a peaceful existence. Oh no - there was less noise when we lived in Alabaster. Every dog in the neighborhood is either in heat or chasing cars, trucks are up and down the road and Stephen is snoring so loud that I can't tell if it is a train at Honda or him!!!!

I guess another reason why I am up at 2 am is b/c I keep thinking about the events of the past two weeks. As many of you know, Jamie, my daughter, has always been very close to Stephen's parents. Well I am going to share some of the statements that were said by children:

  1. Jamie had handled the whole disease process pretty well...until we got to the funeral home. She lost it. This is her first major loss. She told me, "I wish I could jump up in there with him and give him one more hug." I told her it was okay to touch him and hug him. She said, "No, he won't hug me back." My heart melted.
  2. Jacob was so proud of himself when he learned his first memory verse at Upward Bound basketball. It was John 3:16. When he learned it, he got a star. But when he got home, he wanted to call PawPaw and tell him. So we did. I could just feel my father in law smiling through the phone. On Sunday, it was our time to go to the casket for the last time. Jacob was standing there and he was talking. I could not understand what he was saying. I leaned down, and he was saying John 3:16. My heart melted.

Some of you may think I have lost my mind and I have become so mushy and gushy. I am trying so hard to give all those hugs and listen to those small voices. One day, we will wish for just one more day. I am very blessed to have the family that I have and the friends. I hope that all who know me know that I am only a phone call away or an email. Love to all!

1 comment:

Dana said...

Hi Ginny,

First, I'm sorry about your loss. I can imagine how difficult that would be. Second, I grew up in Springville Alabama and I knew some people from Lincoln. I guess all of them would be married and have different names now. Anyway... Thanks for leaving a comment. I will pray for you and your family. God Bless