My Bassakward Group

My Bassakward Group

Friday, July 22, 2011

It's a wrap.....

It has been a while since we last spoke. I am not one of those gifted writers who can just type out some hilarious, thought provoking, inspirational post,i.e. Becky, Karen, Dana.....just sayin....

Anyway, thing have been pretty quiet around here, but I expect that to chane since I said the Q word. Jamie is still working at the grocery store and getting good hours. She got registered for her 2nd semester - survey of the New Testament, Intro to Sociology, English 101 (again b/c she had a psychotic teacher) and ie intermediate Algebra, which she totally rocked Algebra 100 last semester. She has changed her major to Computer Information Systems with an emphasis in graphic design. Very proud of her. Oh and did I mention she bought her brother a birthday present out of her own money without being reminded.

Jacob is growing way too fast. He is about to be 12 years old and starting the 7th grade. I don't know if I am ready for that, but I really don't have a say in that either. He has played so much this summer. What is it about boys and that smell they put off? We call it "male smell". He smells like a locker toom everyday. He has really slimmed down a lot. His reading is coming along very nicely. I don't think his teachers will think so, but what do they know. We are having a pool party for him on Saturday at my aunt's house.

I have started my new job. The jury is still out on that one. I have been doing this for 15 years and have never seen quite the arrangement that is going on. Folks don't know how to talk to each other - like almost screaming. They are very immature. Now if they start that with me, well yall know where that is headed - south - quickly. They are very unorganized. I knew going into the job there were problems, but it looks like to me that most of it is the employees. If you have employees who know how to act and will do their job then you don't have probkems. On another note, we had a health scare. To make a very long story short, I went to work Monday and just did not feel good. I had not felt good since Friday. Anyway, my heart was beating at 145 and my blood pressure was 145/110. Nobody asked me any questions, she called the ambulance and off to Gadsden Regional I went. Come to find out I was septic from pyelonephritis, had a bladder infection and slight pnemonia. They wheeled me right on up to MICU where I stayed for 4 days there on a dopamine drip and 3 days in a regular room. You all know I am not a good patient, but I must have behaved bc they were still talking to me when I left. I only had one problem while there and it was with a doctor. When he was putting my central line in, he kept telling me how fat I was. I had just bout had enough of this and d rei politely told him that I have a mirror and am quite aware of my size. You all know there was some colorful conversation that followed. Anyway, other tanat.

Daughter has just told me her car is "scrubbin and it did not steer well". This is a big old sad face. I guess that will be vacation money or a great portion of it. But I would rather have my dauhter a safe car than laying on the beach, although that sounds more applelaing

Stephen is doing well.He just work like trojan horse. He has been there 14 years come September. I am very proud of him.He gets to work from home 2 days a week, for putting up with me which is a full time job.

Well that is a wrap for the lfe and times of the Bassakward family. If you finished reading this, then you a true fried! Love to all

No comments: