My Bassakward Group

My Bassakward Group

Sunday, May 01, 2011

A week in review...

This is a southerner that just learned to love Yankees - THE Yankees - for their contributions to the recovery efforts. Considering how many folks from bama have gone to the NFL, MLB, NBA, even American Idol - I hope that those organizations step up as well. Also Beth Moore, one of my spiritual eartly heroes, has sent $10,000 to the relief efforts. Our state has been desimated. My family was so very blessed that we did not even have a branch in our yard. Yes we did not know where some family members in Tuscaloosa were for a while, but we found them. God is so good.

My uncle's cabin in Shoal Creek got damaged pretty bad. I could not get those pictures to upload. That little community was hit hard. There was an assisted living out there that I worked with alot. It is completely gone. The owners and all the Residents were killed. It has been a very stressful, sad, awakening week for us. But the sun is shining today, and God said, "I will never leave you or forsake you." For those who have lost everything and family members just know that God is still there. He has not left your side.

Peace and blessings....









I borrowed these pictures from my friend Rebekah Gilbert whose husband grew up in this town.

No comments: