My Bassakward Group

My Bassakward Group

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Hi, My name is Ginny....

Since I last posted, so much has happened. I have started a new job after being off work for almost a year due to health problems. Did not think I would be able to return to work, but man oh man, God showed up and showed out. I have finally gotten the diagnosis that we have hunted for over a year...I have fibromyalgia. It is amazing what alot of prayer and a little medication will do.

My Jacob is doing great in school. We have set up some services for him related to his ADD and dyslexia. The curriculum is the same as the other kids, and they are transitioning him to be able to complete the Advanced Diploma in high school. Yes he is in the 6th grade, but this takes alot of time. His last progress report showed all A's and B's and one C. This was amazing. Therefore, he got to go to World of Wheels in Birmingham and meet Greg McElroy, former quarterback for Alabama. I explained to Jacob that GMac graduated with a 4.0, is a Rhodes Scholar and handled football. When we met GMac, I told him this. He put his pen down, motioned to the lady behind us to hold a minute and spoke to Jacob on a very personal level about school and the importance of his education. It was amazing...

My Jamie is rockin the whole college thing. We are halfway through her first semester and she has NOT missed a single class. She is doing really good. She is being challenged unlike while she was in high school. She has one whacky teacher but hey haven't we all had that....

My hubs sent me beautiful flowers for Valentines Day. I also got a Valentine's present straight from heaven. Walk with me here. My Granny that passed away this past November..had a collection of quilts that are unreal. Noone knew which quilt was my favorite except my Granny. My mom and dad went to get some stuff from her house, and my aunt said to my dad, "get a quilt you think Ginny would want." He picked out THE quilt. I got home from work yesterday and knew nothing about this trip. When my mom gave it to me I just cried. I went home got in the bed and wrapped up in that quilt. It smelled like my grandmother. It brought back so many memories. This is the quilt that everytime I spent the night with her even when I was grown and married...she made my bed up with it. It has been very therapeutic for me to get some of her stuff. I miss her terribly, but I know she is in Heaven, made whole and is alot happier than I am.

Thank you for traveling with me. Hope to hear from yall soon....Hugs, kisses and peace to all....

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Oh wow! God has really moved in powerful ways, hasn't He?!? So glad to hear that you have a diagnosis, that you're able to work, and that things are going so much better for you! The story about the Valentine's quilt was just precious...absolutely precious. What a treasure!