My Bassakward Group

My Bassakward Group

Monday, December 18, 2006

It is not my job....

I am so tired of hearing people say, 'it's not my job!" You know I wander if Jesus ever thought that it was not his job to do something. I work in the helping profession of healthcare. If people would stop and think, most people do not go to the hospital or nursing home because they do not have anything better to do. The people who are in the hospitals or nursing homes are sick...less than better health. They are ill, don't have the privacy of their home, have not had a bath or at least a good bath in several days and the list goes on. I am not here to say that I take care of every patient and every need they have. Nor am I saying that I am perfect but for crying out loud!!!! I have cleaned toilets, wiped tailends, fed, washed dentures and many other unmentionables. When I was in college, these things were not listed in social work 101. But let us make one thing very clear, you will not hear me say is "That is not my job!"

1 comment:

becky said...

so i had to go back to november to catch up. i didn't have your blog marked, but i do now. anywho..."it's not my job..." well...if it's not their job, then they can find a new one. that is how i feel about it. it may not say that they "have to do something" but i can guaran-dang-tee you that it just as much doesn't say that "they don't have to do something". know what i mean?