My Bassakward Group

My Bassakward Group

Sunday, February 08, 2009

foot cramps and farmer's markets...

i have had a great weekend despite foot cramps....i have been battling foot cramps and calf cramps for about a month...i never know when they are going to hit...and when they do it is like ray stephen's song that says, ''the day the squirrel went biserk in the first self rightous church"...the world stops...it hurts so bad...it really does not matter what is in front of you or if you are holding a child...you will drop whatever you are doing or in my case wake from a sound sleep...

anyway, my mom and dad asked me if i wanted to go to the farmer's market on saturday morning...i was excited for a few reasons...number one i could not believe they thought of me...second....it was a beautiful day to get out and third of all....i could get some fresh vegetables...

now if you have not ridden with my dad you have missed a treat or should i say roller coaster ride...you will buckle up the moment you get in the truck because if you don't the centrifical force will not allow you to do so after take off...it is 53.6 miles from his driveway to the farmer's market...and let me tell you when we pulled back into the "station" i.e. his yard - i was so happy....

besides the roller coaster ride...i got some great veggies..squash, okra, collard, turnip greens, fruits to include strawberries, apples, oranges, peaches....

and to top the day off my momma showed out in the kitchen...she cooked up a bunch of this stuff and it was sooooooooooooo good!

2 comments:

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

Gotta love a farmer's market!
And you are cracking me up with Ray Stevens. I love that song.
I will be singing, "Pascagoulaaaaaa" all night! Thanks!

Unknown said...

Nothing like moms home cooking. And for the foot cramps, eat bananas!